Monday, January 2, 2012

Printing on fabric

I have not, yet, tried this...but I will.I know many ladies who use transfer paper to apply printed graphics to fabric to use in various projects. One blog post I read gave instructions for using card stock to stiffen fabric to allow you to run it through the printer thus eliminating the need for transfer paper, thereby keeping your fabric nice and soft. Now I find there is paper already attached to paper. When you are done running it through your printer, you simply peel off the paper backing and you have a finished cloth to do with whatever you imagine.
How neat is that? I have for you a video tutorial and just one link (I'm sure there are more) of where you can purchase paper backed fabrics.




p.s., if you do end up using this idea and create something, please let me know. I would love to see what you make!

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Printing on fabric is on my quilting bucket list for this year -- definitely!! :)